Frequently Asked Questions
By subscribing for a publicity service on Baden Bower, you agree to our terms and conditions, set out below.
Our Global News List include the logos mentioned above plus loads more. Please see all FAQs before purchasing as these FAQs govern the terms of our relationship.
Cancelling your monthly subscription is easy. Subject to your initial term, simply email us prior to your next billing date to request cancellation of the service and we will cancel your monthly billing arrangement immediately. If you cancel after your billing date or the date and time of your next charge, you will be able to utilize the news stories remaining but no refunds will be allowed.
- Refunds are only considered if we are unable to fulfill our contractual obligation to publish your news story or stories, subject to the paragraphs below.
- If, after making a good faith effort to work with you to write an article or articles, you have not provided sign-off or failed to provide any edits or replied to our emails within 7 days of a draft article being submitted to you, then no refund will be issued. We will always publish your stories where indicated with your consent, and if a publication requires changes that you deem unacceptable, we will find another publication to publish your news story.
- We take great pride in the expertise and skills of our team of writers, journalists, and editors, and we have the utmost confidence in the quality of the work we provide to our clients. However, we do not entertain requests for full or partial refunds in the event that you are dissatisfied with the content we submit or if you opt to compose your own news stories. We strongly encourage you to engage in a collaborative effort with us during the drafting process to ensure that our news stories effectively convey the message they intend to communicate to your audience.
- In the event that we engage with you in good faith, and you withhold information about your business or person which leads to a publication not publishing due to an active criminal or civil case which was not known to us at the time of engagement, we will make reasonable efforts to publish your story on alternate news sites that are more tolerant of companies and individuals before the courts. In such a case, you are not entitled to a refund, but we will use our best efforts to publish the number of news stories purchased on alternate news sites. We will not refund if you ask us to defame a person or company after making payment.
- Baden Bower guarantees publicity services to its clients, including the publication of news stories and the provision of reports upon publication. However, Baden Bower does not offer refunds if the news story is published, goes live, and a report is sent to the client, and subsequently the news story is taken down after publication or the publication or website itself ceases to exist. This is because Baden Bower has fulfilled its obligation to provide the agreed-upon publicity services, and any external factors beyond Baden Bower’s control that affect the continued availability of the publication or website do not constitute a breach of contract by Baden Bower.
- Monthly subscriptions are non-refundable and must be cancelled prior to your next billing date in order to avoid being charged. If a cancellation is not received before the next billing date, no refund will be issued. If the subscription is cancelled, no refunds will be issued for any partial membership periods or unused article credits but we will honour all the deliverables based on whatever option you purchase. Refunds are not issued for the first month’s service, but all news stories purchased will be delivered as soon as you engage with us to approve our publication plan or draft stories.
- Refunds will not be provided for accidental purchases, medical conditions or any reason at all which prevents you from engaging with us or publishing articles after payment, or any similar reason or event.
- Wikipedia engagements are non-refundable if we publish news stories about you or your company, and your page is subsequently deleted. Wikipedia is crowd-sourced and has strict content and notability guidelines, as well as a dedicated community of editors and administrators who work diligently to maintain the site’s integrity and accuracy.
We will use our best endeavours to cover your news in a way that is likely to pass editorial guidelines for Wikipedia, but it is outside our control if your page is subsequently amended or deleted. If this happens, we will substitute your Wikipedia page for a page on Wikitia, which has a lower bar for notability but you will not be eligible for a refund.
Most of our publications provide follow back links, other’s don’t. Some publications change their policy on following back links. We have little control over this element of our service, and there are no refunds in case a followed link becomes “no followed” after publication. We will give the most updated information to you during the sales process, but publications change their link policy from time to time.
Despite not contributing to link building for SEO purposes, nofollow links can still drive valuable referral traffic to a website if someone clicks on them. A well-placed blog comment with a nofollow link can generate a significant amount of traffic and eventually lead to conversions . In addition, nofollow links can also directly result in someone spending money on a company’s products or services if the company consistently creates awareness and engages with its audience.
Finally, links, whether nofollow or not, help build trust and establish a company as an industry authority. Therefore, it’s important to consider what links are good for a business and its brand, rather than solely focusing on what links are good for SEO purposes. Some experts recommend having an equal balance of follow and nofollow links, while others suggest having a greater number of follow links. Ultimately, the most important thing is to build a brand and make decisions that are in the best interest of the business.
We have different arrangements with different websites. Some are .com, others are subsidiary sites. For example, Forbes is via Forbes Monaco or Forbes Israel. Entrepreneur is via their contributors in Georgia or India, although the articles appear on Entrepreneur.com. The Guardian is via their African subsidiary (The Guardian Nigeria). Mashable is via their subsidary in the Netherlands. Please ask prior to publication if you have questions about whether a website is on the .com or a subsidiary site.
We have a team of highly credentialed and experienced writers and editors, however sometimes aligning expectations between our team and your brand causes friction. We send a questionnaire after payment is received to give us some background about what you want us to write, how you want it written and we will try our best in every case.
Our clients usually pick an attention grabbing topic about their business. If you’re not sure, you can always reach out to us for help. We have a great team that have experience in getting more eyeballs onto articles.
This happens from time to time, and the solution is always to simply let us know the changes you want to the news story by communicating them directly to us. We will always share the news stories with you in an editable format. You are free to change the article, make edits or change links as you like.
Our writing service is limited to one draft and one round of edits for each news story. If you want us to start again, fees apply. Please note that if you rewrite the article, or insert changes directly into the article, you will not be charged anything further.
Every now and again articles don’t rank straight away, although the majority do, especially in the Google News Feed. There are strategies to help get your published news stories to rank strongly in Google, but you will need to integrate the links and logos into your website in a search engine friendly manner. We can advise on this after you receive our press publication report.
– The headline must include the company’s name or the name of the spokesperson / author.
– The headline can’t contain personal pronouns (I, Me, My, We, Us, Our, You, Your, Them, Their, etc.).
– The headline can’t contain an exclamation point.- The headline should be a minimum 6-8 words (excluding prepositions and articles)
– The headline can’t contain quotes.
– The headline should not sound like the headline of an advert. Discounts/pricing details and product specifications can be added in the Sub headline or article’s body.
2) The article can’t be written in the first or second person voice. First person (I, Me, My, We, Us, Our, etc.) and second person (You, Your, etc.) voices are not considered newsworthy, except in quotations.
3) The articles cannot mention BadenBower in the headline or body copy or denigrate our reputation or good-standing.
Its quick. If you give us your article, it is usually 2-5 business days. If we write the article, it can be 2-10 business days.
You will have a report that contains the logo of each website (ie Apple News, Marketwatch, Fox etc) along with the relevant link, but please note our service is paid promotion and sometimes news sites make it hard for users to search for the articles themselves without having a direct link to the article. What most customers do is link the logos and articles from their homepage, landing pages, contact page and social media to increase trust and credibility and this is what we recommend you do too.
By credit card, wire transfer or EFT or USDT if you want to pay in cryptocurrency. News stories are charged monthly, although you can cancel anytime before the next billing period. There are no lock-in contracts.
Articles usually stay up for months or years, but in some cases like with Marketwatch and Fox publishers decide to remove them within 3 months of publication. Provided we succeed in publishing your news story, there will be no refund if the story is removed
Included when you subscribe for 5 news stories. We have access to Forbes Monaco and Forbes Israel through our Brand Voice partnership. News Stories must meet more stringent standards of newsworthiness, but we will write them in a way that publication of your story will be guaranteed within 45 days from submission.
The article will be published on Entrepreneur.com via one of their contributors. Your company name or brand cannot be included in the headline, although it can be featured in the first paragraph. This option is included when you subscribe for 5 news stories. Our connection with Entrepreneur.com is via Entrepreneur Georgia or Entrepreneur India, both of which are international franchises of Entrepreneur Media. The article will be published on Entrepreneur.com via one of their contributors. Your company name or brand cannot be included in the headline, although it can be featured in the first paragraph. See examples here and here.
Our connection with Mashable is via Mashable Netherlands, an international franchise of Mashable. The article will be published on nl.mashable.com via one of their journalists.
These websites require news stories written in the style of a press release announcing a corporate milestone, notable hire or other achievement. There are special editorial requirements that apply. For example, you cannot be promoting an individual or blockchain project for example. If you are not in a position to meet those requirements, we will publish your news story on CEO Weekly which is less stringent.
The Guardian is published via their news desk. Our connection to The Guardian is via their African subsidiary www.theguardian.ng, and will be published natively, without sponsorship or affiliation.
Vogue is provided via Vogue Philippines, Vogue Ukraine or Vogue China. We will endeavour to publish on Vogue Philippines, but failing that fall back to Vogue UA or Vogue China is your brand does not meet the brand guidelines of Vogue Philippines.
Grazia refers to their online edition and will be published on https://www.grazia.co.in
Marie Claire, Elle and L’Officiel will take inspiration from your website and write and edit the news stories themselves. Each of these partners publishes your news stories via one of their European subsidiaries although the news story will be in English. All news stories will be published online only. See examples here and here
It is your right to ask questions about the news site prior to publication, and we will do our best to answer any questions you might have. If in doubt, please ask prior to publication. Once published, we cannot do anything to change the article, content, language, links (follow or no-follow) or any other details you might have an issue with, if we don’t know of that issue in advance.